Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Officers of JG 1 at Leck Airfield

Pilots of Jagdgeschwader 1 (JG 1). In front of a partially painted Heinkel He 162 are, from left to right: Major Werner Zober (Gruppenkommandeur I.Gruppe / Jagdgeschwader 1), Oberst Herbert Ihlefeld (Geschwaderkommodore Jagdgeschwader 1), Hauptmann Heinz "Heinrich" Künnecke (Staffelkapitän 1.Staffel / I.Gruppe), Oberleutnant Karl Emil Demuth (Staffelkapitän 3.Staffel / I.Gruppe), Hauptmann Bernhard "Bernd" Gallowitsch (Staffelkapitän 4.Staffel / II.Gruppe), Hauptmann Gerhard Strasen (Gruppenkommandeur III.Gruppe / Jagdgeschwader 4), and Hauptmann Wolfgang Ludewig (Staffelkapitän 2.Staffel / I.Gruppe). When this photograph was taken at Leck, Schleswig-Holstein, towards the end of the war, there were about 45 Heinkel He 162s of I.(Einsatz)/JG 1 in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment